Ultimate Risk Services content is provided by American Compliance Systems (ACS). ACS, headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, with clients throughout the U.S., provides products and services to help businesses of all sizes manage workplace risk and maintain regulatory compliance. For more than 25 years ACS has received recognition as a leader in providing outsourced Workplace Safety, Cybersecurity, Industrial Hygiene, and Employment Practices Risk Mitigation solutions. 1000’s of companies in Manufacturing, Finance, Retail, Construction, Wholesale, Automotive, Transportation, Entertainment, Healthcare, etc. have benefited from our solutions.
By combining subject matter expertise (SME) with technology we created innovative Cloud Based Risk Mitigation Solutions© which include our 5 Step Risk Mitigation Solution©. These solutions provide the same level of resources that were only available at high cost to the few and gives a turnkey cloud based solution that is comprehensive and affordable for the many. In addition, they also provide an ongoing way to continually measure that actions are being taken on a consistent basis to avoid exposures, problems, and penalties cited by many company owners.
To field a Client Services Team to accommodate the extensive and varied needs of our client base, we recruit individuals from diverse educational backgrounds, with experience from a broad range of industries.
- Robert Pignataro, Founder and Chief Executive Officer Robert has over 30 years of experience in the Environmental, Health and Safety field and has directed programs for a variety of clients including AT&T and the Environmental Protection Agency. A nationally known expert in the field of safety and environmental compliance, Robert has developed and conducted seminars on EHS throughout the U.S. Robert leads the development of new products and services to meet the continually evolving needs of our clients.
- Frank Fazio, Board member and Executive VP Sales & Marketing, Ultimate Risk Services, powered by ACS. A sales, marketing and management veteran and founder of three entrepreneurial ventures. His career includes top management roles in leading technology, media & now risk avoidance. Prior to his current position, Frank owned a sustainability company as well a consulting company that helped companies grow and become energy efficient. Frank’s new role at URS is a new board member and will oversee all sales and marketing functions. He will be focused on growing the company through increasing sales with new direct customers, active and inactive past customers as well existing and new partners like insurance agencies. Frank will also increase brand awareness and telemarketing and effective online marketing. Frank is active at his alma mater, Saint Joseph’s University, assisting and mentoring students and serves on the Pedro Arrupe Center for Business Ethics Advisory Board. Frank holds both a Bachelor of Science and an Executive MBA degree from St. Joseph’s University.
- William White, Chief Technology Officer, joined the URS team in 2012. He has 20+ years in the information technology industry. In 2009, Bill founded ProtevSolutions, a vCIO and vCTO services firm, to address the unique challenges small businesses face in a 24×7, online economy. He is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), an elite network of professionals recognized around the world. Currently he focuses his time on Cybersecurity, IT Governance, Risk Management and Strategic Planning. Bill is a former Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE). He drives the technical design and architecture of URS’ Cybersecurity offerings, and has been instrumental in building the partner relationships that form the core of our cyber initiative.
- Robert Plett, Chief Operations Officer and Chief Financial Officer Bob has over 30 years of experience either management or as a consultant in Risk Management and EHS functions for manufacturing, construction, and other industry segments. He has developed and conducted seminars on injury risk reduction and return to work strategies throughout the U.S. A Wharton MBA with a broad background in many different functional areas, Bob applies his diverse skill set to manage the fulfillment of products and services to our client base. He is also a qualified Safety Committee Instructor for the Pennsylvania Bureau of Workers’ Compensation and an authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer for Construction.
- Nicole Sheets, Director of Industrial Hygiene Services Nicole is a Certified Industrial Hygienist and Certified Safety Professional with over twenty years of experience implementing EHS management systems and compliance programs. Her experience has been largely divided between performing industrial hygiene air and noise studies, consulting on safety and OSHA compliance issues, and providing training on a broad range of OSHA topics, as well as DOT and RCRA. Nicole is an authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer for General Industry and a certified First Aid and CPR Instructor with the National Safety Council as well as a qualified Safety Committee Instructor for the Pennsylvania Bureau of Workers’ Compensation. Nicole is experienced in multiple business segments including manufacturing, construction, insurance and laboratory industries.
- Jack Spottiswood, Senior Compliance Advisor Jack is a safety professional with more than 17 years of experience between both Construction and General Industry. He has worked with a variety of clients to provide assistance with safety programs including auditing, program development, safety committees, accident investigation, and safety training. Jack has an amazing ability to teach core safety principles and recognize unsafe jobsite conditions and protocol which need updating. Jack is a qualified Safety Committee Instructor for the Pennsylvania Bureau of Workers’ Compensation, an authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer for Construction, and a certified First Aid and CPR Instructor with the National Safety Council. His qualifications, education, experience and enthusiasm enable him to effectively relate and deliver the safety message to his audience.
- Julia Frazier, Senior Compliance Advisor With over 20 years in the industry as a safety consultant, Julia brings a wealth of experience to ACS. She has worked with clients of all sizes to help ensure the safety of their employees and has drafted and implemented various safety programs throughout her career. Julia is a qualified Safety Committee Instructor for the Pennsylvania Bureau of Workers’ Compensation and a certified First Aid and CPR Instructor with the National Safety Council. She offers clear, no-nonsense advice and training to help companies comply with OSHA and federal regulations that consistently generate results.
- Helen Riley, Office Manager and Accounting Helen has 30 years of experience in finance, training requirements and scheduling and administration. She is the primary point of contact for our client’s management of training and related compliance tasks. Helen is also responsible for the day to day operations and business administration of our company. Helen works with client satisfaction and customer needs programs. She provides guidance to the customers in achieving their training needs by helping them in coordinating and maintaining their schedules with our compliance advisors.
- Karen Spottiswood, Client Services Coordinator Karen has a Masters of Arts degree and a varied background in administration and education. She has been with ACS for over 15 years with a range of experiences including client services, sales/marketing, and project management. Karen also has over 15 years of experience in the education field. She is very dedicated to our customers, utilizing her knowledge of our products and systems. Karen provides assistance to clients in the formation, operation and certification of new committees, aids in the management and certification maintenance of existing committees and offers a variety of strategies that help new or established committees to remain focused and produce measurable results.
- Sherry Sullivan, Chemical Reporting Services, Senior Technical Advisor Sherry has over 30 years of experience and training in all aspects of Hazardous Materials, Environmental, Health & Safety Compliance. Preparation of site inventories, toxic chemical release & other compliance forms, as well as development of automated tools for compliance. In the past, she has served as the Corporate Safety & Health Coordinator for a multi-location retail distribution firm. Sherry has served as Site Project Manager for client environmental projects as well as Information System’s Manager including network administration, desktop support & hardware specialist for environmental health & safety consulting firms. She has an excellent background and in-depth knowledge of government regulations and guidelines, including, OSHA, RTK – Sara Title III, RCRA-Solid and Chemical Waste Management, DOT-Hazardous Materials Transportation, ICA/IATA-International Transportation of Hazardous Materials, NFPA-Safety & Chemical Storage, ISRA – Industrial Site Evaluation concerning hazardous materials contamination & remediation, and development & interpretation of Safety Data Sheets.
- Bill Max, IT Manager Bill has been an IT professional for over 30 years with extensive experience working with Microsoft Technologies, Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365 and Microsoft cloud products and providing solutions to different local and international Enterprise customers. Bill’s work includes 10 years at Verizon (where he setup and maintained the first Windows NT domain in the company), 6 years as a private consultant (including 2 years at a Nuclear Power facility) and 12 years at Microsoft. While at Microsoft, Bill worked as a Consultant (where he assisted in deploying the first Active Directory in the Philadelphia area for Microsoft, teaching technical classes to a number of Fortune 500 customers and working with Unisys to deploy the Active Directory for the Homeland Security Network), Technical Account Manager (working for 5 years on the Microsoft National Security team) and as one of the first Service Delivery Managers for the Office 365 staff. Bill has obtained several IT professional certifications including MCSE, MCSA, MCP, ITIL Foundation and a CISSP. He is extremely passionate about IT security and works to perfect it with each and every one of his customers on a daily basis. Bill’s guiding principle is to leave each organization better than he found it.
The Advisory Board
- Fred Ellerbusch, P.E., PhD., ACS Advisory Board Fred has worked over 35 years in policy development, tools development, remediation, regulatory and legislative interactions and executive leadership related to the safety field. With professional affiliations and publications too numerous to list, Fred is a nationally recognized leader in the field of Health, Safety and Environmental risk management. Previously the Corporate Director of Health, Safety and Environment for Rhone Poulenc Inc. North America.
- Mark Greisiger, ACS Advisory Board Mark, President of NetDiligence®, is responsible for the creation of highly-focused services that enable NetDiligence® to support the loss control needs of US and UK insurers that offer cyber liability coverage. Many of these insurers rely on NetDiligence® assessments to verify that applicants have appropriate levels of network security safeguards, privacy practices and client vigilance to qualify for cyber liability coverage. Insurers like ACE, Arch, Chubb, Zurich, Beazley, Hiscox, Aspen, Brit and other Lloyds of London syndicates rely on NetDiligence® risk assessments to support both loss-control and educational objectives.
- John F. Mullen Sr, ACS Advisory Board John is a name partner and co-founder of Mullen Coughlin. He has been licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey since 1991. Mr. Mullen and the firm focus their practice on assisting insureds in preparing for and responding to data privacy and network security events. He regularly presents on data privacy and network security issues for insurers and brokers (AJ Gallagher, AmWins, AON, Acrisure, Arc Excess, AXIS Pro, Crystal & Co, Hub International, Hylant Group, JLT Group, Lockton, Marsh & McLennan, RT Specialty, Wells Fargo, Willis Holdings Group, and Woodruff-Sawyer) via national webinar/phone, television conferences and live presentations (AM Best, NetDiligence, Advisen, ACI, CPCU, RIMS and PLUS), and has been published and quoted as a national expert on cyber/data loss issues in multiple publications.